The Concord Consortium has been exploring the use of handheld computers for science learning for a decade.
Use the following lessons with your classroom:
Or, follow the development of the technology in these @Concord newsletter articles.
- Zucker, A., Tinker, R., Mansfield, M., Metcalf, S. J., Staudt, C. (2007) A Summary of Research on the TEEMSS II Project - April 2007
- Zucker, A., Tinker, R., Mansfield, M., Metcalf, S. J., Staudt, C. (2007) Increasing Science Learning in Grades 3-8 Using Computers and Probes: Findings from the TEEMSS II Project - NARST, April 2007
- Metcalf, S. J. (2006) TEEMSS2: Technology Enhanced Elementary and
Middle School Science - Year 1 Report, 2006, 7th International
Conference of the Learning Sciences, Proceedings, June 27-July 1,
2006, Bloomington, IN
- Metcalf, S. J., & Tinker, R. F. (2004) Probeware and Handhelds in
Elementary and Middle School Science, Journal of Science Education
and Technology, 13(1), March, 2004, 43-49
- Metcalf, S. J., & Tinker, R. (2003) TEEMSS: Technology Enhanced
Elementary and Middle School Science, Annual Meeting of the National
Association for Research in Science Teaching, March 23-26, 2003,